Friday, February 27, 2009

Sheetrock Dust and Depression

I've been trying to keep a positive outlook on the house repairs. The contractor is making progress. There is a new roof on the house. The exterior siding has been repaired and the exterior repainted so that that Stately Warren Manor is looking stately again. The interior repairs, however, have been a bit trying.

Earlier in the week a good friend of mine had commented that I take good care of my possessions. In fact I do try to take good care of my possessions. I think that is why I'm totally devastated with the current condition of my house. There is sheetrock dust on every surface from the upstairs to the downstairs. Because the closet doors didn't even get closed before the guys started making a mess, the contents in the closets are also covered. Virtually every thing I owe needs to be wiped down with a damp cloth, taken outside to be sprayed off, or run through a washing appliance. See for example my suitcase above. This is what it looked like when I fished it out of the closet to take on a business trip this week.

I'm trying hard not to let the whole mess get the best of me. Unfortunately I'm in a funk. I'll be glad when the repairs are finished and I can begin putting my house back together again.

Well the newspaper just hit my hotel room door, I guess it is time to start my day.