Saturday, October 10, 2009

AKC Agility, Kiln, MS

We entered the AKC show in Kiln for Saturday only. Both dogs all 3 AKC events.

It was warm early on Saturday so Bern walked his FAST run... which meant that the first jump in the box was too far out... NQ. Grace wasn't sure about the new place. She hesitated at the start line and I got too far ahead. She managed to get the chute part of her gamble but then ran back to me instead of over the panel jump (it was close though).

Grace did great on her standard run except she decided the teeter was scary. Again I think I was too far ahead. I need to babysit the teeter better. When we got to the dogwalk I was ready to babysit and she flew across it with wild abandon ... and was several feet ahead of me by the time she reached the bottom. She weaved in standard but stuggled with the weaves during jumpers in heavier rain. She ran very fast and is handling much better around the entire course. NQs for both Grace's runs.

Bern knocked a bar coming out of a tunnel on his standard run... I got too far ahead and he jumped before collecting himself. He didn't quite get the weaves in for standards. On jumpers I got a clean set of weaves but he got confused by a PVC wing on a jump and tried to jump through the wing. Loftis has photos (will post link when available). ARGGGHHH. Still no Open JWW title. NQs for both Bern's runs.