Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Agility Class... Slip, Trip and Fall Hazards

I mailed off Grace's LEP paperwork to the Australian Shepherd Club of America (ASCA). I used the same pictures that AKC accepted for her ILP. I also joined ASCA so I will start getting a magazine and printed ASCA event calendars. Bern has an ASCA tracking number but isn't eligible for performance point tracking, only titles. LEP dogs are eligible for performance point tracking.

Tuesday is agility class for Bern. I go early and work Grace with Tracey and Kazee. Grace continues to improve. Towards the end of class we were both getting tired and she tripped me. My knee is stiff and sore but everything else seems unharmed. I'm out of town for work so Grace misses class tonight... this will give my knee some recovery time.

Since Tracey will run Bern in USDAA pairs at the Overcome Agility trial, she practiced with him some this evening. He ran really well for her. They wiped out a few jumps.. but he wiped the same jumps out for me on the course. He doesn't turn well still (my fault)... we practiced some hip leading turns and that seemed to help.

Tracey had us work the No. 3 shaped courses from the recent Clean Run magazine. John is trying to running Khay with little, if any, verbal commands. For her it seems to be working great. John seems less frantic trying to do only body motion/hand cues than verbal and body cues. Rocket seems to be spinning less for Polly.