Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend


Thanksgiving Day was pleasant. The company was nice and the food tasty. The day started with a walk in the field for the dogs. Bern is good about coming when he is called and not letting me get too far out of sight. Grace, well, suffice it to say that she stays on her flexi-leash because crittering is more important than listening to Mom.

On Friday I was outside with a large magnet that Art loaned me picking up roofing nails in the yard. Thanks Art! While outside I heard the woodpecker at work in a nearby tree. Because it didn't seem bothered by me working I went inside and grabbed my camera. He was quite busy while I took pictures.

Friday morning I received some sad news. My neighbor and friend Ms. Marie passed away in her sleep early Friday morning. She was 87 and had lived a good life but was tired and ready to go. Marie, we miss you.

I joined Tracey and Rich for dinner Saturday night. I'm now supplied with steak bits for obedience and weave pole training. Hopefully we can get a few minutes of work in tomorrow morning before church. Right now I need to go work on some homework for my Disciple I class...