Thursday, January 29, 2009

Looking Forward... Through Plastic Sheeting


Well we are off and tackling the beginning of 2009. The normal activities are resuming after the holiday break - bell choir, bible study, obedience classes, agility classes, and tracking practice. Grace is improving on her weaving. However, as described below, my schedule has been interrupted this week so we haven't been as regular about practice as we were last week. Tracking is going well for both dogs. Bern has actually tracked the last couple of times we have been out to practice. We resumed obedience classes last week and start agility in early Feb.

Poor Stately Warren Manor is covered in plastic sheeting. I've included a few photos. I'm now living in the 2 bedrooms downstairs. The room shown above is the master bedroom complete with replacement sheetrock. Because of the dust generated from working on the ceilings and floating the sheetrock, everything else in the house is wrapped up in plasting sheeting. Baracades of sheeting have been erected to minimize the dust intrusion into spaces not under renovation.

Due to a lack of communication, my clothes are sealed up inside the upstairs closet so my wardrobe is very small at the moment and consists mainly of dog training clothes minus sneakers or tracking boots. I'm hoping by Saturday to have access (without breaking open the 3 plastic sheeting baracades between the hall and my clothes) to my tracking boots since we are planning a tracking exercise Sat afternoon.