Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas at Meadowood Ranch!

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...ooops! no chimney at the new house.  I have found locations for most of the Christmas decorations at the new house.  Everything is out and the house is festive.  If you drive by to check out the lights... please stop and say "hi".

Thank you GE for making the same type of lights for multiple years in a row so I could purchase an additional idential string of C7 red LED lights.  Now the lights go from corner to corner across the front of the house 
With a little creative work in the den, there is a wonderful display of gold colored Christmas items above the built in stereo cabinet.  The display turned out great and it only required purchasing a few items (primarily garland and a string of lights).

I've been inspired to rearrange the furniture towards a better living area plan.  My desk and computer table will be moving to another room and share space with the sewing table.

With the time change I have been struggling to get anything done in the evening.  It is dark when I get home... with the dark filmed windows and lack of interior lighting in the new house I feel like going to bed at 8:00 PM.  I'm working on a fix for this problem... at the rate I'm going I'll get the problem addressed about the time daylight savings time rolls around in the spring.  At least it will be better next winter! 


I'm disappointed in my lack of energy this winter.  The dogs aren't getting walked so none of us are getting much exercise,  My pre-Christmas New Years resolution is to improve this state of affairs ASAP!  I've decided next year I need to come up with some training goals for me as well as the dogs... not sure how those will look yet though.

In early January I start teaching agility again with a class of beginner dogs with green handlers.  I've got some hopefully great ideas on how to get them started "right".  I'm anxious to see if my ideas help the new handlers!