Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Our Christmas Celebration

Mike worked Christmas eve and Christmas day so we celebrated some in the evening.  Christmas eve we made it to the service at church - Mike still in his Acadian uniform.  The service was nice.  I think we sang almost every Christmas hymn/carol that was in the hymnal plus a few extras I didn't know (words up on the screen via a Powerpoint presentation).

Christmas eve afternoon I did manage to put up a few lights outside (new for 2013).  The weather held up and the house looked a bit merrier and bright.

Christmas day we ate dinner after Mike made it home (on time - YEAH!).  We then exchanged Christmas stockings - we tried to get practical small items for each other.  Mom did get me a few gifts - I asked for obedience, agility, and tracking equipment for Spice.  My family opted to order from only one vendor so it ended up be only obedience equipment - all of the items will get used.

Our Christmas presents - Mike and I got new phones so we only exchanged stockings

Animated star outdoor lights - bought when the clearance rack at Louisiana Nursery went on sale

New for 2013 we now have matching lighted wreaths hanging on the front doors.

Christmas dinner