Sunday, September 7, 2008

Gustav... The Cleanup Continues

I made it out to see my phytoremediation project on Thursday afternoon. Lots of trees are broken, hundreds more are leaning, but thankfully none of the monitor wells are damaged. We had a really close call as you can see in the attached photo.



On Saturday the cabinets for the master bath got the first coat of varnish. They are looking great. I want to get them finished and in the house before Hurricane Ike makes landfall next Friday or Saturday. Currently the models show Ike coming way to close to BTR for comfort. I need a firmly attached Blue Roof before Ike.


Yesterday the neighbors and I spent time clearing up more of our yards. The one huge limb that needed a chain saw has been cut and moved. I made the difficult decision to take out an Italian Cypress that was leaning really badly. At least the back yard light does some good again.

Between the last post and this one, the downstairs toilet broke and has been repaired. Still no kitchen faucet part, may it get here before Hurricane Ike does or I may never see it. My roof is still not tarped; however, the USACE has been authorized to begin Operation Blue Roof so I will sign up later today or Monday and wait. Insurance Adjuster guy coming on Tuesday so he will get to see the wet celings and likely see the shinglesless roof. After the blue tarp goes up, the sheetrock and insulation on the ceiling will come down. I just need to procure some scaffolding now.