Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Stately Warren Manor is Sporting a Stylish Blue Roof


Well as with all good hurricanes, the newest home style is to be sporting a blue roof. The contractors completed installing 3 FEMA tarps (20' x 25') on my roof this morning. The insurance adjuster seems to think that the temporary installation is good. I'm now working the roofer, the store where I need to order the siding, and the sheetrock crew contractor to get the rest of the house put back together.

I drove out to Walker today to see my massage therapist. Unfortunately, I made a poor decision about my travel path so that I became part of the line of folks trying to sign up for the emergency food stamp program (I didn't know there were that many people in Livingston Parish much less that many folks who were so badly financed). Several coworkers had a good laugh at my expense when they found out where I had tried to drive... I'm glad I could provide some comic relief today. I was late to Art's but he was understanding. He determined my neck to be very tight... geezzze...could it be stress-related maybe?

Ventured to Target this evening for groceries. Some selections were good... other food items were entirely missing from the shelves. Shopping was not terrible but there was a bit of a line to checkout. It didn't take long and I was on my way home. After supper I need to go upstairs and face tearing out the remaining flooring material in the master bathroom.