Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hurricane Gustav... I Won


Unfortunately, I won the neighborhood contest, if we were having one, for the largest debris field surrounding a property. There are roof shingles from my house scattered over a large area. As a result of the shingle loss, there are water leaks in the house.

I also lost 2 planks of Hardi-Plank siding from over the garage. Several limbs came down but didn't do any damage when they fell. I'm now actively searching for a crew to install a fashionable blue tarp on my roof to hold me until the roofer gets here. I talked with him this morning... it sounds like it may be a few weeks (months?).

With the master bath not operable, the kitchen faucet broken and the part on order from Moen, and the buckets sitting around upstairs I feel like I'm living in a 3rd World Country. At least the power came back on by about 8:00 PM last night so I was thankful for that. Based on the news reports I've heard, the entire parish was without power at one point yesterday. The Mayor instituted a curfew for last night. So far things are quiet in the neighborhood. I plan to venture out into town later today.