Sunday, February 1, 2009

Grace Earns Tracking Certification

As I mentioned in my blog entry earlier this week, I agreed to meet Kay Sunday AM so Grace could try for her tracking certification. In short, WE PASSED!!!! It was windy by Louisiana standards causing Grace to struggle after she lost the scent several times. She stopped short of the glove because she smelled it but she covered to pass.

Early Sunday AM I watched Tracey and Kazee certify. The Saturday morning effort was a no go due to track contamination by another person and his 3 dogs. Kazee got confused with all the scent on the track and turned to follow the more recent track instead of Kay's aging scent. Retry today with no contamination. Kazee looked good. Certification achieved for her as well.

Tracey and I are now deciding which tracking tests to enter this Spring. Definitely the LCCOC test in town... Tracey would like to go to Dallas the first weekend in March. She is going to enter Lego in TDX as well.