Monday, June 7, 2010

Nectarines Galore

The nectarine tree on W Fairview had a very prolific spring.  The tree was totally covered with fruit with the branches drooping toward the ground.  A large branch broke off the tree due to the weight of the fruit.  The tree has produced 4 boxes of fruit and there is still one large branch that hasn't been picked.  I'm passing nectarines out to everyone I know.

The weekend was fun - Ponchatoula town wide garage sale on Saturday morning.  Mike was a good sport while I shopped at the Turquoise Coyote bead shop.   We ate lunch at Paul's Diner before heading back to BTR.  On Sunday Mike and I worked the USS Kidd (W5KID) ham station as part of Museum Ships on the Air Weekend.  The radio filter settings had been tinkered with by a non-club member operating the station such that our outgoing voice signals (Mike et al.) sounded like Alvin & the Chipmunks or Charlie Brown's teacher from those movies.  Needless to say there weren't too many contacts for me to log.  Eventually we found a club member who owned the same make/model radio and he was able to restore the settings just about the time my work shift to log contacts was over (I think I logged a whole 6 contacts in 3 hours).  It seems things went better for the next shift...they had a working radio and better wave propagation conditions.

W Fairiview gets shown again this morning.  May a home buyer please be found!