Friday, September 17, 2010

Mom's 60th HS Reunion and Other News

60th Reunion  - Class of 1950 Central High School, Springfield, MO
Last weekend I took Mom to her 60th High School Reunion - now Central High School - in Springfield, Missouri.  The picture shows the class gathering for their reunion photo.  Mom is down front in the wheelchair.  Wouldn't you know it... the camera batteries went dead and I didn't get a chance to get a shot of the class all posed.  Between reunion events we checked out Mom's old stomping grounds in Springfield... elementary schools, high school, college, and homes.  It seems one former home is now the site of the Bass Pro Shop - Bass Pro started in Springfield.

It was good to see everyone in Oklahoma.  Janet and I had time to stop by her office at school for a few minutes before she took me to the OKC airport.  The OCCC campus is nice with several labs (science, math, etc) for the students to work in.

Since my return to BTR we have been working on obedience getting ready for the upcoming show in Mobile.  The month got a little overbooked.  I'm trying to keep up with the exercise, diet, and dog care/training but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.  This morning it was almost 3 miles of walking for me.  This evening everyone got brushed and their toenails trimmed.  While I was home Janet suggested I add some vitamin B6 supplementation... B6 has helped her feel better as it aids in protein (corn) digestion.  I've added B6 plus the magnesium and D that Doc wants me on.  I'm beginning to feel somewhat better but I still have a long way to go.