Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mindfulness Continues... Chinese New Year

February 2011 gets off to a quick start with holidays.  There were 4 holidays on my reference list ranging from National Freedom Day celebrating the signing of the 13th amendment to Super Bowl Sunday.  I really wanted to do something in honor of Groundhog Day (Feb 2) but I wasn't finding the right inspiration.  In my searching for inspiration I stumbled across Between Naps on the Porch where she hosts Tablescape Thursday.  Similar to Daphne's Harvest Monday where gardeners display their weekly harvests, Tablescape Thursday has photos and links to several bloggers of their tablescapes for the week.  Sadly few of the posts were for tablescapes that related to holidays for this week.  Although several folks jumped the gun on Valentine's Day.  Kudos to So Many Tables for doing a Groundhog Day tablescape. So I have a challenge for next year... do a creative 2012 Groundhog Day tablescape. Meanwhile the breakfast area at Meadowood Ranch is sporting a festive nod to Chinese New Year (Feb 3).


Chinese New Year tablescape
I mentioned in an earlier post that I had hung pictures in the living room and dining room.  Between my local thrift and/or antique store finds and eBay purchases I'm much happier with these rooms.  The photo below shows their current state.  The next project is to recover the dining room chairs in fabric that is very similar to but more saturated in color than the existing curtains.  With the 90% chance of rain today the fabric may make it onto those chairs soon!

Living Room/Dining Room
The family room/den is becoming the hangout spot it was intended to be.  The dog crates are to the left of the photo on the 8x10 plush rug to create a hangout spot for them too.
Den